Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and essential to start your day with a healthy and nutritious breakfast. But finding the time and energy to prepare a healthy breakfast can be challenging, especially if you have a busy morning routine. However, there are plenty of easy and delicious Breakfast Recipes that anyone can make, and in this blog, we’ll share five of them with you.
Here are the recipes you can make at the start of your day:
1. Punjabi Chole Bhature
Punjabi Chole Bhature is a popular North Indian breakfast recipe that’s easy to make and delicious. Here is how you can make it at home with minimum easy steps:
- 1 cup chickpeas (soaked overnight)
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (for frying)
- For the Bhature:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Water (as required)
Drain the soaked chickpeas and pressure cook them with enough water and salt for about 3-4 whistles.
- In a pan or kadai, heat some oil and add cumin seeds. When they start crackling, add chopped onions, garlic, and green chili. Saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn into a puree.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala powder, and red chili powder, and saute for a minute.
- Add the boiled chickpeas along with the water and cook for another 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- For the Bhature, mix all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Add oil and mix well.
- Add water gradually and knead a soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Make small balls out of the dough and roll them into circular discs.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan and fry the Bhature until they turn golden brown.
Serve hot with Punjabi Chole.
2. Banana Yogurt
The banana yogurt recipe is a healthy and delicious breakfast option that’s easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Here is how you can make it:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Cut the 2 bananas into small pieces.
- Blend the bananas, yogurt, honey, and cinnamon powder.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Serve chilled with your favorite toppings.
3. Avocado Toast
Avocado Toast is a simple and healthy breakfast recipe that’s perfect for busy mornings. Here’s how you can make it:
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Toast the bread slices in a toaster or on a frying pan.
- Cut the avocado, remove the seed, and scoop out the flesh into a bowl or plate.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and add olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread the mashed avocado on the toasted bread slices and serve immediately.
4. Rava Upma
Rava Upma is a simple and quick South Indian breakfast recipe made with semolina. Here is a recipe for rava upma you can make in a few minutes:
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas (optional)
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and once they start spluttering, add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Then add chopped onion, green chili and sauté until the onions get translucent.
- Add green peas (if using) and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt as you like, bring it to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the semolina while stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the water is absorbed and the upma is cooked.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
5. Besan Chilla
Here’s a step-by-step recipe for Besan Chilla:
- In a mixing bowl, take 1 cup of besan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, and 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder. Mix well.
- Gradually add water to the besan mixture, and whisk it to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a tawa or griddle on medium flame. Once hot, pour besan batter onto the tawa.
- Spread the batter in a circular motion to make a thin pancake or chilla. You can drizzle a little oil on the edges if you like.
- Cook the chilla for about 2-3 minutes on medium flame, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip the chilla using a spatula, and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- Remove the chilla from the tawa, and repeat the process with the remaining batter to make more chillas.
Serve hot besan chillas with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
If you include any of these five Breakfast Recipes in your meal, it will make your day. You may occasionally feel sluggish about making breakfast, but if you try one of these dishes, you can prepare it quickly. These are ideal for those who enjoy Indian cuisine. For more mouth-watering recipes Visit – Spicyum.